Chrome on cars serves a two-fold purpose: To protect and visually “pop,” so to speak. That’s because chromium is typically applied to cover other metal on your vehicle or motorcycle. However, rust can ruin chrome as easily as it can on any other metallic parts of your vehicle. Since chrome is naturally eye-catching, you’re going to want to prevent rust from taking hold in the first place or find a way to remove it. As ECP Inc reviews will show, there are plenty of preventative steps you can take toward keeping your vehicle looking showroom-like new for years to come. Given that chrome offers increased durability and thickness, you’re going to want to protect the surface that defends your vehicle against the elements.
Looking New: For those who regularly clean and detail their vehicles, having materials on hand to help get the job done right is an important consideration. By reading up on ECP Inc reviews, automotive technicians will see that the Metal Polish Concentrate from this company offers appearance and reconditioning properties. This multi-purpose polish is suitable for stainless steel, aluminum and chrome. Since we’re focusing on chrome in this article, those looking to remove tarnishes, corrosion or rust will see immediate benefits after application. The fact that the Metal Polish Concentrate also offers long-lasting shine to chrome, while getting the job done without abrasives or chemicals, are two more reasons why this product has become a go-to for automotive protectant experts.
Fixing Imperfections: If the chrome on your exhaust pipes, cylinder head cover or tire rims is at risk of rust, there are steps to be taken that can hopefully remove it without damaging the chrome itself. Some automotive experts will suggest that low-grit brass wool is a great way to see if the chrome is going to get scratched during the process. If not, steel wool, lime juice and even vinegar are going to go a long way toward restoring the decorative chrome on your showroom-worthy car. Once the surface has been restored to a satisfactory level, you’ll see from ECP Inc reviews that chrome polishes are available to fill imperfections in the surface and prevent rust from taking hold there again.
ECP Inc is a leader in the automotive protective coatings market, having served dealerships and garages for the past four-plus decades. When picking out the wax, polish or other material that’s going to restore shine, you’ll have a wealth of experience on your side.
Some automotive enthusiasts want nothing but the newest makes and models to fill out their garages and showrooms. Other gearheads trust their instincts when seeking out unexpected gems through online sales or yard sale finds. When it comes to the latter, these cars, trucks and motorcycles are probably going to be a bit used but no less worthy of restoration. Part of that restoring process is going to include polishing and waxing and ECP Inc reviews show that there’s no shortage of products to get that job done. Aluminum, chrome, steel or iron can needs some TLC from time to time and when that project calls, it’s best to know what products to have on hand to get the job done.
Before diving into ECP Inc reviews of the products, we’ll offer a refresher course on how to apply said polishes and waxes. Some industry experts have said that wet sanding with a low-grit sheet of sandpaper is an essential first step. Further, finishing with even lower grit sandpaper than the one you used to prep the surface – such as a 600-grit sheet — will help to smudge out the marks you may have made during the first step. Use of a buffing wheel will work wonders do achieve a uniform appearance on the motor, mufflers, cylinder covers and other metallic aspects of your vehicle.
Now that you’ve knocked out the heavy lifting with a fair amount of elbow grease, it’s time to use products proved useful through ECP Inc reviews to get the shine back into these mechanical parts. The TEC581 one-step polish is available in one-gallon or 16-ounce sizes depending on the amount of polishing you’ll need to be doing on client cars or vehicles on the lot. This product is known for the fact that it can be used as a standalone or prep for following ceramic coating applications. With this one-step polish, those doing the detail work will see that finely-milled polishing agents are deposited so a consistent cut is established during the buffing cycle. Further, the ceramic material is then left in the pores of the clear coat – which was not removed during your prep-work sanding process. Those who’ve used this product and offered ECP Inc reviews afterward have lauded it for the fact that it is easy to wipe off from the part they are polishing and offers water-beading protection after application.
While polishes and waxes aren’t essential steps to getting a motor up and running, those who’ve invested the sweat equity into such a project are sure to appreciate an overall top-shelf appearance that can only be obtained through patient and thorough detailing work.
You’ve heard it plenty of times before: “Better safe than sorry.” When talking about cars, the difference between being “safe” and “sorry” can mean sparing you from waiting hours on the side of the road while a tow truck travels toward your current location. However, you need to know what type of tools and equipment you should have in your vehicle at all time if you want to avoid disaster. Reviews of ECP Inc will show consumers that this company takes all things automotive seriously. Seeing as this appearance protection manufacturer has been producing various chemicals and coatings for decades now, the company wanted to take some time out to help motorists who may find themselves in a bit of jam. In this article, we’ll suggest some crucial items everyone should keep in their car at all times.
1) Tire troubles: You never know when you’re going to run over a nail or piece of road debris that ruins your day. That’s why it’s important to always have a spare tire in your car and know that it holds air and is inflated. Otherwise, you’ve got two flat tires and that’s not going to help anyone. Leak-sealing aerosol products are also a good stop-gap measure; as is a portable inflator that typically plugs into your vehicle’s 12-volt outlet.
2) Battery boosters: There is nothing worse than knowing that your car’s weak battery would start right up if only for a pair of jumper cables. Should a motorist stop to help you and they too don’t have jumper cables, you’ll probably be kicking yourself. Stop by the auto parts store and pick yourself up a pair; you’ll never know when all you need is a jump to get yourself back on the road. Conversely, your vehicle still not starting after being given a jump should be a sign that it’s time to for another part that may have failed.
3) Glove box goodies: An adjustable wrench, screwdriver and duct tape can’t hurt. Nor can medical supplies, a flash light, umbrella, money, map or road flare. You’ll never know when or where you might break down and being prepared for just about every circumstance will make the ordeal a bit less chaotic.
While ECP Inc reviews will show that the protective coatings offered by this company can keep your car, truck, RV, motorcycle or watersports vehicle looking fresh, what good is that if it’s stranded on the side of the road? We hope you’ll heed the advice above and come out of the next road-side crisis in one piece.
Modern motor vehicle engines can reach operating temperatures in excess of 200 degrees. While motor oil keeps most moving parts of the engine lubricated under such extreme conditions, the need to keep the engine itself at safe temperature is a concern for automotive designers and vehicle owners alike. The heat produced by a running engine is excessive and can cause significant damage if left to run rampant, thus motor vehicles have a radiator and cooling system to dissipate the heat. Unfortunately, leaks in the system can occur and one of the few ways to discover that this has been going on under your nose – and hood, for that matter – is a surging temperature gauge on the dashboard or a puddle underneath your engine bay. At ECP Inc, reviews will show that we love all things automotive. That’s why we’re taking time out from our usual protective coating work to explain ways to track down the source of your leaky radiator.
1) Clean the scene: All you need to do is hose off the engine bay to clear away dirt, grime and coolant that has been dripping somewhere in the system and leaving its tracks all over the place. After this, turn your vehicle on and allow it to run for a period of time. You’ll now be able to visually inspect the radiator at the front of the car as well as the hoses and pipes that flow in and out of it.
2) What to look for: A puddle of coolant on the ground is a sign of a problem, not a symptom. Keep an eye out for the source of the leak by finding spots wet with coolant not long after hosing the engine bay down. You may also see or hear spraying or hissing, which indicates a compromised system that’s also pressurized.
3) Buying some time: Auto owners can visit their local parts shop for sealants that will be inserted through a radiator hose. While not a permanent fix, these products will seal the majority of leaks as they set in the system. The downside is that these sealants mix with the antifreeze in the system, causing a deterioration of its cooling properties.
4) And now for something completely different: Cracking a few eggs and dropping the yolks into the upper radiator hose will eventually result in the yolks congealing and plugging up small leaks. Similarly, pouring approximately half of a shaker of pepper into the radiator cap will result in plugging of pinhole leaks.
While ECP Inc reviews focus on the protective coating products we’ve offered auto dealers since 1969, the trial and error that comes with troubleshooting car problems is another side project of ours. Hopefully this information gets you back on the road this summer.
What does it mean to “work with your hands” these days? Now that nearly an entire generation has gone to college in hopes of well-paying jobs, only to find the market crowded and the economy in the tank, it’s time to talk about alternatives.
For whatever reason, many millions of students who went on to institutions of higher learning ignored or discounted the hands-on fields of maintenance and repair. Now that they’ve seen first-hand the lack of jobs for liberal arts degrees, we’re here to offer advice on how to become a car mechanic. These folks are the ones who keep the less mechanically-inclined among us on the road. It isn’t always a pleasant job and not everyone will take you at your word when you suggest repairs that must be done, but you’ll leave the garage knowing you put in an honest day’s work. At ECP Incorporated, we’re lovers of all things automotive and taking care of our vehicles is a point of pride. The auto detailing and restoration process isn’t one you can easily pick up and much training was required for this, too. In this article, we’re here to suggest a path for those not interested in a traditional college degree and ready to get their hands dirty.
1) Essential education: Graduating from high school or earning your GED is a prerequisite for enrolling in the specialized certificate programs that teach you the ropes when it comes to working on vehicles. Such programs are often offered at vocational schools or county colleges.
2) Specific certification: Industry experts say that earning your National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence shows that you’re qualified to work on vehicles in specific categories such as electrical systems, brakes, engines, transmission and more. ECP Inc reviews show that this is a crucial step in the process toward employment.
3) On-the-job: Starting out in a garage, whether it’s a national chain or locally-owned repair shop, is the best way to hone your skills. Working as a trainee, helper or assistant will give you on-the-job training while watching as complicated tasks are accomplished. While the first tasks you’re entrusted with may be a little like manual labor — think oil changes and tire rotation — the skills you learn here will lead to better-paying roles.
Dings and dents are just part of owning a motor vehicle. Even if you have a place to safely store your vehicle at home when you’re not driving it, there will come a time when you have to leave it on the street or in a busy parking lot. You know it as well as we do: Something’s bound to go wrong eventually.
We know how disappointing it can be to return to your vehicle and find that someone has bumped it a bit too hard and left a dent in the place of what was once a pristine surface. After your temper has subsided, it’s time to start planning the remediation process. ECP Inc reviews reveal that there are paintless dent repair options already on the market that are designed to return the dignity to your motor vehicle. What’s more , these options offer an alternative to coating the dent with filler and sanding down the excess. Here are a few more perks of finding the right paintless dent repair service to restore your car to the nearly the condition it was when you left it.
– Meeting your needs: By trusting a qualified motor vehicle detail and repair service, the workers will come to you. ECP Inc reviews show that companies with their network of trusted repair technicians will meet you at a convenient location to start the dent repair process.
– Maintaining integrity: The best part about paintless dent repair services is that the solution is to pop the dent out and not cover it up with painted putty. This also saves the vehicle’s finish from sanding. Traditionally, the shallower dents will see greater chances for recovery but even ones that run for a few inches across your vehicle both horizontally and vertically can most likely be worked out by experienced techs.
– Trusting the experts: It can be tempting to attempt many car repair projects that don’t require much tinkering under the hood. We know dents fall into this category, as well, but it’s a job best left to someone with much more experience doing this skilled project. Otherwise, you risk moving the metal too much, too little or simply in the wrong direction. Although there are do-it-yourself kits available, ECP Inc reviews should show consumers that this job should be left to the pros for the sheer ease with which they do it.
New or used, cars aren’t cheap. You’ll be plunking down thousands to tens of thousands of dollars regardless of the year, make and model. Doesn’t it make sense then to keep tabs on what’s going on under the hood to ensure years to decades of reliable, efficient use? If you’re looking up ECP Inc Reviews, we’re here to tell you about a few simple jobs you can do at home to keep your car or truck on the road for as long as possible.
Want to keep your engine running smoothly? Most, if not all, automotive experts will suggest changing your oil regularly every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. It helps to keep a running list of mileage at each oil change to both better refresh your memory and to use as a document if you go to sell the car and show that the engine has been regularly taken care of. Your vehicle’s battery is a nearly maintenance-free part of the car.
While there’s no filters to replace or air pressure to check, a dirty or corroded terminal may mean the difference between getting in and driving off or going nowhere fast. Keep a pair of jumper cables in your trunk in case you run into problems getting your car started. It also helps to keep an eye on your engine coolant level. If the temperature gauge on the dashboard is on the rise, it’s likely that your coolant level is low or there’s a leak in the system somewhere. Top off the coolant and keep an eye on its level over the next few days to see if you can spot a pattern or a puddle underneath your vehicle.
The exterior of your car or truck is just as important. Regularly cleaning the body will keep it free of road debris, like rock salt during the winter, that could lead to rust or other corrosion. Consider getting your car professionally detailed to spare the paint job from damage done by the elements; it might seem like a skin-deep effort but it will keep your vehicle looking new for years to come. For more information on ECP Inc Reviews, visit ecpincreviews.com.